We are a human-centered digital health company that seeks to radically improve brain health outcomes by leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning to unlock precision brain health for as many people as possible. While we are steadfastly focused on individuals’ brain health, we believe that meaningful outcomes can only be achieved within an ecosystem of care that actively includes and engages physicians, professionals and caregivers. We are a team of 45+(and rapidly growing) who are embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth, and invite qualified, collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading...
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping people all over the world achieve brain health by leveraging the latest advances in science and technology combined with conventional medical wisdom to deliver convenient access to personalized care. The initial focus is researching the nervous system, investigating the nature of neurological diseases and disabilities, and studying psychiatric disorders based on this. You will need to consider the whole spectrum of brain and body health to customize treatment and deliver whole person health. As part of our clinical practice, we focus on treatment addressing conditions such as neurodegenerative disorders (e.g. of Alzheimers, Dementia, Parkinson’s, etc.).
You will work with the clinical team members to drive innovation keeping the corporate goals, vision and corporate culture in mind. This position will be completely aligned with Linus Health’s entrepreneurial culture fueled by innovation, efficiency and growth.
What You'll Do:
- Take part in publicly funded research projects at universities, research institutes and government facilities in addition to applied research for private industry
- Investigate memory, learning, reasoning, thinking and consciousness as it relates to brain health
- Lead and support teams of technicians, students and assistants in research and clinical work
- Study and remain up-to-date on the developmental, computational, structural, medical, molecular, cellular, evolutionary, and functional aspects of the nervous system
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of available technologies to study and promote brain health, and develop familiarity with the use of appropriate tools and equipment to monitor and modulate brain and nervous system activity
- Generate computer-based models of the nervous system
- Identify and develop instruments and processes for the optimal analysis of data
- Create medical and pharmaceutical solutions and work with patients during clinical trials
- Create standards for the assessment and identify and develop metrics for the evaluation interventions, including device-based therapeutics, behavioral interventions and pharmacological agents
- Support different teams in communicating the clinical significance of products and solutions in the form of product presentations, research publications, white papers, brochures, educational documents, and conference presentations
- Provide input into study/trial design and implementation
- Neuroscience PhD
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis of translational research
- Thorough knowledge of the central nervous system and the mental disorders that impact it
- Understanding of tools and equipment used to monitor human brain and nervous system activity at different scales of resolution, including for example magnetic resonance imaging, electroencephalography, but also microelectrode recording, and brain stimulation techniques
- Understanding of systems and computational neuroscience and ability to create nervous system models
- Analytical mindset with effective research and problem-solving skills
- Effective critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Effective deductive and inductive reasoning skills, as well as the ability to recognize patterns in concepts, ideas, and mathematical arrangements
- Team-science oriented and data-driven, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Awareness of current developments in relevant fields
- Effective leader with a mature sense of priorities and solid practical experience
- A demonstrated interest in technology and aptitude for improving technology in medicine
- Possess good understanding of clinical workflow in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- A collaborative team player who promotes the concepts of people working together versus individual performance
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of all the company deliberations and plans
- Act in accordance with Linus Health’ policies and in alignment with Linus Health’ entrepreneurial corporate culture
Nice to Haves:
- Advanced degree in a relevant patient care field (medicine, nursing, allied health professionals, psychology, etc.) and clinical practice experience
- A license to practice a clinical neuroscience specialty
- Experience with noninvasive brain stimulation techniques
- Experience with electroencephalography recording and analysis
- Experience with mobile technologies in neuroscience and medicine
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognosis of people’s mental and brain health trajectory(pretty powerful stuff if you ask me!)
- A mission driven environment where all 50 employees(and counting) strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO -- We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(K) program where Linus will match up 6%
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.