We are a human-centered digital health company that seeks to radically improve brain health outcomes by leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning to unlock precision brain health for as many people as possible. While we are steadfastly focused on individuals’ brain health, we believe that meaningful outcomes can only be achieved within an ecosystem of care that actively includes and engages physicians, professionals and caregivers. We are a team of 45+(and rapidly growing!) and are embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading..
Please note that we are building our hubs across Toronto, Boston & San Diego so those are the preferred locations for this role. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship at the moment for any of our openings.
The Geriatrician/Primary Care Physician provides a holistic approach to patient care as it relates to an aging population with a specific emphasis in cognitive health and lifestyle medicine - with a focus on quality of life and functional ability. This position will create clinical decision support and exhibit evidence based medicine. Conditions that will be addressed are Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s disease, memory loss, etc. The position will be completely aligned with Linus Health's entrepreneurial culture fueled by innovation, efficiency and growth.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the development of evidenced based clinical decision support (CDS) rules based on the results of cognitive assessments and/or lifestyle questionnaires. Specific points include, but are not limited to developing content on:
- Medical contraindications to interventions (safety considerations, risk profile)
- Differential diagnoses
- Medical screening (specific tools, language, processes)
- Medication considerations, interactions, considerations for participation in lifestyle interventions
- Monitor the literature and update the CDS rules as needed based on changes to the medical literature
- Work alongside a multidisciplinary team to provide medical considerations relevant to the patient interventions and care plans for relevance and value to primary care patient populations
- Leverage patient data in EHRs to develop relevant data displays for clinicians to understand factors that impact cognitive health
- Provide feedback on and review of product concepts and designs
- Participate in and/or contribute to physician advisory boards
- MD degree with subspecialty training in family practice/primary care, internal medicine or gerontology
- Several years of experience in clinical practice having taking care of a large proportion of elderly patients
- Effective writer and/or editor
- Team player
- Experience with literature reviews
Nice To Haves:
- Medical Informatics background
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognosis of people’s mental and brain health trajectory(pretty powerful stuff if you ask me!)
- A mission driven environment where all 50 employees(and counting) strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO -- We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(K) program where Linus will match up 6%
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.