We are a human-centered digital health company that seeks to radically improve brain health outcomes by leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning to unlock precision brain health for as many people as possible. While we are steadfastly focused on individuals’ brain health, we believe that meaningful outcomes can only be achieved within an ecosystem of care that actively includes and engages physicians, professionals and caregivers. We are a team of 50+(and rapidly growing!) and are embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading…
Please note that while we are fully remote at the moment, we are looking for this person to be based in the Greater Boston area as that is where most of our leadership team resides. If you are located elsewhere but plan to relocate or are open to relocating to MA, please go ahead and apply.
This position is responsible for all company legal activities, including drafting and negotiating a wide variety of sophisticated agreements for commercial transactions. The General Counsel will work with outside counsel on M&A transactions, financing activities and shareholder interactions.
The position is also responsible for aligning the legal department with Linus Health’s goals, vision and entrepreneurial culture, fueled by innovation, efficiency and growth.
What you'll do:
- Provide oversight and leadership for all legal needs of the company, advising across multiple business functions
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to the management team, including but not limited to:
- Intellectual property protection and licensing (with a particular emphasis on patent protection)
- Health and privacy law
- Data use, access and privacy (including GDPR)
- Domestic and international regulatory compliance (FDA, EU MDR, etc.)
- M&A activity
- Risk management
- Jurisdictional issues related to geographic expansion
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements such as intellectual property licenses (both as licensor and licensee), customer contracts, and vendor agreements
- Develop and implement internal legal and governance policies
- Coordinate closely with Finance and other company departments to ensure compliance with contractual requirements
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Manage, as needed, external counsel
- Keep abreast of relevant legislative changes impacting the company’s business.
- JD with 10+ years of general legal experience
- Subject matter expertise in both the healthcare industry (compliance and regulatory experience is a plus) and in the management and licensing of intellectual property such as data, information, software, SaaS, trademarks, technology and patents
- Effective leader and proven executor with a mature sense of priorities and solid practical experience
- A demonstrated interest in both technology and in improving technology in medicine
- Effective people skills
- Possess understanding of clinical workflow in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- A collaborative team player who promotes the concepts of people working together versus individual performance
- Approachable and the ability to show respect for others
- Act in accordance with Linus Health’s policies and in alignment with Linus Health’s entrepreneurial corporate culture.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognosis of people’s mental and brain health trajectory
- Experience-based market salary & benefits
- An exciting, dynamic start-up atmosphere
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us